Understanding the Multi-Racial Experience
Tuesday, August 16, 2022
Racial identities can be diverse and complex. People who are from bi-racial/mixed/multi racial and/or multi-ethnic backgrounds have a unique experience of straddling between two or more racial identities, which in many ways can be joyous, and in other ways, can be challenging, and for some, can result in a crisis of identity. This webinar aims to highlight the experience of those with more than one racial identity and the nuanced challenges which can be faced.
What will you learn
- What does it mean to be bi-racial/mixed race/multi racial and/or multi-ethnic?
- Why is it important to have this conversation?
- What challenges do people with a multi-racial background face?
- What not to say to multi-racial people
- How can you ally multi-racial people in your workplace?
Who is this for?
- Inclusion and Diversity managers
- HR professionals
- Network leads
- Colleagues thinking differently about inclusion and diversity
Book Your Place
- You may notice that our events booking process looks a little different! If you are unsure about how to book onto a webinar, click here for an instructional video.
- Inclusive Employers Members can join online or dial in to all webinars, accessing up to five places per member, per webinar, for free.
- Non-members can book onto these webinars for £89 + VAT per place, per webinar. Members can purchase extra places, on top of the five free already allocated, at a discounted price of £79 + VAT
- Alternatively, members and non-members can also buy an in-house package for up to 300 people per webinar, to be run whenever you like. Email email@example.com to enquire.
- If you have any questions about this event or have any accessibility requirements, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.