Partial Sight and Blind Awareness
Friday, October 7, 2022
Around 2 million people in the UK live with sight loss and every day 250 people begin to lose their sight. In line with National Braille Week (commencing Oct 7th) and World Sight Day (Oct 13th) we’d like to increase understanding and awareness of partial sight and blindness, and how to support those who have a form of sight loss or who are experiencing sight loss over time in our organisations.
What will you learn
- An understanding of the variety and scale of sight loss
- A look at the barriers that partially sighted or blind people face, especially in the workplace, including career progression
- The benefits of hiring those with sight loss in your organisations
- Top tips on how to make your workplace truly inclusive for people with sight loss
Who is this for?
- Inclusion and Diversity managers
- HR professionals
- Change makers
- Network leads
- Staff looking to support colleagues with sight loss
Book Your Place
- You may notice that our events booking process looks a little different! If you are unsure about how to book onto a webinar, click here for an instructional video.
- Inclusive Employers Members can join online or dial in to all webinars, accessing up to five places per member, per webinar, for free – please ensure you are logged in to your Inclusive Employers account to see the free ticket option.
- Non-members can book onto these webinars for £89 + VAT per place, per webinar. Members can purchase extra places, on top of the five free already allocated, at a discounted price of £79 + VAT.
- Alternatively, members and non-members can also buy an in-house package for up to 300 people per webinar, to be run whenever you like. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire.
- Please note: we do not supply recordings or slides for our webinars to members or non-members unless there are extenuating circumstances.
- If you have any questions about this event or have any accessibility requirements, contact email@example.com.