Dyspraxia Awareness: living with dyspraxia in a non-dyspraxic world
Tuesday, June 28, 2022
Following Dyspraxia Awareness Week (October 10, 2022 – October 16, 2022), this webinar will help raise awareness and understanding on one of the less discussed conditions under the Neurodiversity umbrella.
Many times unhelpfully labelled “the clumsy neurodiversity”, Dyspraxia is a developmental co-ordination disorder (DCD), which affects physical co-ordination and motor skills. What many people don’t know is that it also affects the body’s immune and nervous systems, and a person with dyspraxia may also experience challenges with judgment, processing, memory, and some other cognitive skills.
You will learn from a facilitator with lived experience what’s like to live with Dyspraxia in a world that has not been set up to be Dyspraxic-friendly. And we will also share top tips on how to support people who have Dyspraxia.
What will you learn
- What dyspraxia is and the impact it has on people
- Understand and appreciate the experience of a person living with dyspraxia
- Top tips to support people who have Dyspraxia
Who is this for?
- Anyone with an interest in learning more about how to support people and colleagues who have Dyspraxia
- Anyone interested in the topic of Neurodiversity
- Inclusion and diversity professionals
- HR business partners
- HR managers
- Line managers
Book Your Place
- You may notice that our events booking process looks a little different! If you are unsure about how to book onto a webinar, click here for an instructional video.
- Inclusive Employers Members can join online or dial in to all webinars, accessing up to five places per member, per webinar, for free – please ensure you are logged in to your Inclusive Employers account to see the free ticket option.
- Non-members can book onto these webinars for £89 + VAT per place, per webinar. Members can purchase extra places, on top of the five free already allocated, at a discounted price of £79 + VAT.
- Alternatively, members and non-members can also buy an in-house package for up to 300 people per webinar, to be run whenever you like. Email email@example.com to enquire.
- Please note: we do not supply recordings or slides for our webinars to members or non-members unless there are extenuating circumstances.
- If you have any questions about this event or have any accessibility requirements, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.