A-Z of LGBTQ Inclusion – Meeting the mental health needs of LGBTQ people
Friday, April 21, 2023
This training course will allow participants to come together, review and improve their practice when encountering LGBTQ clients with mental health issues.
Bringing together both theoretical and real-life experiences, we will offer participants a unique perspective into understanding LGBTQ mental health and how our identities intersect with our mental health.
Participants will gain insight and skills in assessing and addressing the needs of LGBTQ clients/customers/staff with mental health issues and gain confidence in dealing with heterosexism, homophobia, biphobia and transphobia. We will address good practice around monitoring for sexual orientation and gender, and participants will go away with action plans around how to make their workplaces and services more inclusive. This course will count as 6.5 CPD hours and CPD certificates are available upon request.
The A-Z of Inclusion course will aim to:
- Increase understanding of LGBTQ identities and terminology
- Explore LGBTQ mental health, what’s different and why?
- Deepen awareness of trans issues, experiences and care pathways
- Develop affirmative practice interventions and inclusion
- Review information for signposting to LGBTQ specific support
You are very welcome to contact us via email@example.com and we can discuss your specific training requirements. We are always happy to bespoke this training to suit your desired learning outcomes.
What participants said about our training:
- “This course helped me reflect on what I take for granted as a white heterosexual woman that is not the case for LGBTQ people”
- “Thinking about how to make my service more LGBT inclusive – [it’s] really useful to have a discussion about it”
- “Benign ignorance is not enough! The course helped me to justify to the team (and world) that this is important to know about”
Book Ticket here