The Emerging Sport of Padel and Pickleball
Wednesday, April 5, 2023
The Emerging Sport of Padel Tennis and Pickleball.
The world of racquet sports is growing in strength and popularity with the emergence of alternate tennis type sports like Pickleball and Padel tennis. Although these sports have existed for many years in different parts of the globe the numbers are rising - a sport that is taking over our social calendar.
The social aspect of sport can’t be underestimated and Padel and Pickleball are reinforcing its importance, bringing people together, forging relationships whatever the social differences or lifestyles. Although tennis is social, it is a sport where much of the time you are focusing on developing the skills of the individual, Padel and Pickleball however are more of a group gathering, a social circle, a bit more relaxed and can feel more attainable for those who want to concentrate on acquiring the skills as a group.
Benefits of Padel and Pickleball.
- Cardiovascular workout: Any racquet sport is fast-paced and requires constant movement, which provides a great cardiovascular workout. Players are constantly running, jumping, and changing direction, which helps to improve overall fitness and stamina.
- Social interaction: Padel and Pickleball is typically played in doubles, which provides a great opportunity for social interaction and building friendships. It is a great way to meet new people and stay connected with others.
- Low impact: Both activities are low impact, that is easy on the joints, making it a great option for individuals who may have joint problems or are recovering from an injury.
- Improves hand-eye coordination: Padel requires players to have good hand-eye coordination in order to hit the ball effectively. This can help to improve overall coordination and reflexes.
- Mental benefits: Padel tennis requires players to think strategically and make quick decisions, which can help to improve mental agility and concentration.
- Easy to learn: Padel and Pickleball are an easy sport to learn, which makes it accessible for beginners.
- Family-friendly and can be enjoyed by the whole family, regardless of age or skill level. It is a great way to spend quality time together while staying active.
Social sports have become increasingly popular in the LGBTQ+ community, providing a way for individuals to come together and participate in athletic activities in a supportive and inclusive environment. Social sports can range from casual pickup games to organised leagues and can include a variety of activities.
Participating in social sports can have several benefits for LGBTQ+ individuals. It provides an opportunity to build community and develop friendships with others who share similar interests, as well as a chance to stay physically active and improve overall health and well-being.
In addition, social sports can be empowering for LGBTQ+ individuals who may have experienced discrimination or exclusion in traditional sports settings. Social sports provide a safe and welcoming space where LGBTQ+ individuals can feel comfortable being themselves and competing without fear of judgment or discrimination.