Do you want to support the development of the engineers of tomorrow?
We have an exciting opportunity in the Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC) for a proactive and hardworking Workshop Technician to be part of our AMRC - Training Centre.
Our cutting-edge Training Centre is an outstanding place, with state of the art machinery and technology, teaching rooms and open learning areas. We offer advanced technical training programmes and apprenticeships from advanced to post graduate levels.
Further information about the AMRC Training centre is available at www.amrctraining.co.uk
You will be part of our workshop delivery team, providing vital support to our learners and delivery staff. You will also liaise with employers and external suppliers and will be responsible for performing routine preventative maintenance on workshop equipment.
It is important that you;
• Are qualified to a minimum Level 3 in a relevant engineering subject or equivalent relevant experience.
• Have industrial experience within a Manufacturing Workshop environment.
• Knowledge of various Health & Safety and Quality systems
• Possess effective verbal and written communication skills, both written and verbal, report writing skills, communicating to staff and stakeholders at all levels.
Your role will help support the Training Centre’s success in delivering outstanding training. As part of this you will support enrichment activities Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths events to promote the AMRC Training Centre. Please note some of these will be out of normal working hours.
What We Offer!
• 38 days annual leave (including closure days and Bank Holidays), with the possibility to purchase up to ten additional days.
• Up to 5 days of paid time off to cover emergency caring responsibilities.
• A highly competitive pension scheme.
• Discounts at participating shops and cinemas, and a cycle to work scheme.
• A commitment to your development, with programmes, learning modules and mentoring schemes.
• An inclusive and diverse workplace.
• A dedication to your wellbeing, with confidential emotional support, support for those going through the menopause, experiencing fertility treatment and having a baby, paid leave for IVF treatment and more.
Further information can be found at https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/jobs/benefits
We build teams of people from different heritages and lifestyles from across the world, whose talent and contributions complement each other to the greatest effect. We believe diversity in all its forms delivers greater impact through research, teaching and student experience.
Apply now by clicking on the Apply button located near the top of your screen.