Technical Manager - Performance Venues
Are you interested in working for a world top 100 University within live events and the performing arts?
We have an exciting opportunity to join our dedicated team who manage and curate events, festivals and performances for both the University and city-wide audiences, as well as supporting our students professional and recreational work in the creative arts. For more information about Performance Venues please follow the link.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will play a key role in the planning and hands on delivery of technical support operations for a wide variety of events across our three principal venues. Offering support to both internal and external customers, the service you and your team will provide will vary in complexity but will always be consistent in quality. You will support professional touring engineers as well as providing advice to those less technically competent, and train students in a wide range of technical skills. You and your team will keep our technical systems, equipment and supporting documentation maintained to a high standard and provide the Operations Manager with recommendations for system upgrades to keep us up to date and in the best condition for a first-class service.
What We Offer
● 38 days annual leave (including closure days and Bank Holidays), with the possibility to purchase up to ten additional days.
● Up to 5 days of paid time off to cover emergency caring responsibilities.
● A commitment to work life balance including flexible working opportunities where possible.
● A highly competitive pension scheme.
● Discounts at participating shops and cinemas, and a cycle to work scheme.
● A commitment to your development, with programmes, learning modules and mentoring schemes.
● An inclusive and diverse workplace.
● A commitment to your wellbeing, with confidential emotional support, support for those going through the menopause, experiencing fertility treatment and having a baby, paid leave for IVF treatment and more.
Further information can be found at https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/jobs/benefits
We build teams of people from different heritages and lifestyles from across the world, whose talent and contributions complement each other to greatest effect. We believe diversity in all its forms delivers greater impact through research, teaching and student experience.
Apply now by clicking on the Apply button located near the top of your screen.