REQ ID: 117282
JOB TITLE: Software Developer for Engineering Tools
We're re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
As the Jaguar Land Rover Digital Engineering Capability (DEC) team we are responsible for the selection, development and support of all Engineering tools (e.g. Computer Aided Design, Computer Aided Engineering, Systems & Software Engineering, Product Lifecycle Management) that we use to develop and design our world class vehicles from concept to product delivery.
We are currently embarked on a major toolset modernisation programme that is transforming the way in which we engineer our vehicles with a view to keep JLR at the leading edge of engineering tools.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Participate in planning, definition and high-level design of the solution and exploration of possible alternatives
- Contribute to the delivery with your team members
- Collaborate with our tool vendor to enhance existing capabilities and/or develop new ones
- Configure tools and systems in a loosely coupled solution that is easy to maintain
- Engage in peer reviews
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Programming experience in Java, Python , C++ or C#, as well as general scripting knowledge (batch)
- A degree in Engineering or a Computer Science-based subject
- You'll have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Has Experience of using the Dassault 3D Experience Platform
- Configuration of 3D Experience platform (EKL, TCL, CAA & Business Logic)
- Experience of using network APIs (REST API, web sockets)
- Experience in test automation - frameworks (pytest, jUnit) and GUI testing approaches (OCR, Windows APIs)
- Understanding of the 3D Experience data model and configurable extensions
- in developing Web Widgets (HTML5, CSS, JS-based frameworks)
- with modelling in SysML for example in Catia Magic (NoMagic)
- of working with frameworks such as UAF, Magic Grid, DoDAF or TOGAF.
- of Product Development delivering solutions as part of an Agile Scrum Team
SO WHY US?
- Join us for the next level of your career and help developing solutions that shape the future of cars
- Be part of an international, inclusive and open-minded team where you have actual influence on the processes
- See the product you're working on come to life from testing all the way to production
- Work flexibly with high percentage of home office or from our award-winning office
- We honor your work with a competitive salary and performance related bonus scheme
- Benefit from our health and life insurance and cafeteria package
- Embrace our culture through various company programs such as charity events or our regular board game club
JLR is committed to equal opportunity for all.