REQ ID: 117279
JOB TITLE: Product Owner
We're re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
As the Digital Engineering Capability (DEC) team we are responsible for the selection, development and support of all the Engineering tools (e.g. Computer Aided Design, Computer Aided Engineering, Systems Engineering) used across Jaguar Land Rover. We are currently embarking on a major toolset modernisation programme that will transform the way in which we engineer our vehicles and we are looking for talented individuals who can help us to accelerate this transformation.
We use agile development methodologies (Scrum and scaled agile frameworks) as the operating model for our department. In this role you will be joining one of our teams and will be working closely with your teammates and customers to deliver working capability at pace.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
We will provide an open environment to explore ideas and collaborate. A safe place to fail and find your edge to challenge the norm and lead the way for a better tomorrow for our people, the customer, and the business.
You would be accountable for:
- Working with the Global Process Lead and Solution Manager to manage the vision, product backlog and roadmap for your area of the product and ensure it is always up to date.
- Ensuring that the Product Backlog is transparent, visible and understood.
- Create and refine the product backlog items in support of the agile principles of continuous value delivery, i.e. avoid waterfall-style deployments and deliver value to the customer on a regular basis, deploying value every few weeks.
- Host the following scrum team meetings:
- Customer and development team backlog refinement sessions, Sprint Planning and Sprint Review.
- Support the following cross-team meetings:
- Big room planning, cross area synchronisations and system demonstrations.
- Act as the bridge between the Global Process Lead and the developers in the scrum team.
- Work with the development team to obtain a commitment to delivery goals and, if they cannot be met, to escalate impediments to the leadership team when those goals become endangered.
- Work cross functionally to maintain dependencies across the value streams.
- Accept the work from the development team on behalf of the customer as long as the product meets the agreed acceptance criteria (Definition of Done).
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Ability to demonstrate working product to the customer and to other relevant stakeholders.
- Demonstrable evidence of agile requirements definition supporting continuous delivery, avoiding the traditional waterfall development approach.
- Demonstrable evidence of ability to prioritise work based on value against effort.
- Demonstrable evidence of negotiation skills when faced with conflicting requests.
It will be considered as a bonus if you have:
- Demonstrable experience of relevant domain knowledge.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a scaled agile approach (e.g. SAFe, LeSS).
- Prior experience in the use of Jira/Confluence.
SO WHY US?
- Join us for the next level of your career and help developing solutions that shape the future of cars
- Be part of an international, inclusive, and open-minded team where you have actual influence on the processes
- See the product you are working on come to life from testing all the way to production
- Work flexibly with high percentage of home office or from our award-winning office
- We honour your work with a competitive salary and performance related bonus scheme
- Benefit from our health and life insurance and cafeteria package
- Embrace our culture through various company programs such as charity events or our regular board game club
JLR is committed to equal opportunity for all