Philanthropy Manager - Trusts & Foundations
Are you motivated by making a difference in the world? Do you have the creativity and passion to write engaging and persuasive proposals that generate support for transformational projects? Are you detail-driven with the ability to still see the bigger picture, and passionate about building long-lasting and meaningful relationships with partners? Then this could be the role for you!
The Campaigns and Alumni Relations (CAR) department are dedicated to bringing our supporters closer to the University’s charitable mission. We have a fantastic opportunity for you to use your exceptional writing skills and your attention to detail to support the department’s strategy to secure income from charitable trusts and foundations, as we lead the University’s first major philanthropic and fundraising campaign.
You are a confident communicator who can write to inspire, honing in on the true impact at the heart of a project and telling stories that bring the impact of our work to life. You can grasp complex ideas and communicate them to meet the needs of a variety of audiences, and your attention to detail is second-to-none. You enjoy building meaningful relationships with people. A great listener, you work hard to get to know what really drives people and goes the extra mile to bring them closer to the things that mean the most to them.
With your existing writing experience you will play a key role in shaping funding applications to charitable trusts and foundations to meet ambitious income targets for the campaign. We need someone who can work on their own initiative, confidently making connections with colleagues at all levels of seniority. With strong organisational skills you enjoy working to tight deadlines, coordinating input from colleagues across the university and balancing a range of different projects.
You will be part of the Transformational Gifts team in CAR, working with passionate colleagues who are committed to building meaningful relationships with funders who have the ability to support our work across the university, from global projects supporting refugees and tackling climate change, to break-through treatments for devastating medical conditions and scholarships for today’s brightest minds.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
We are committed to enabling our employees to work in a hybrid model with flexibility over when, where and how to achieve the required outputs, in discussion with your manager.
We are also committed to exploring flexible working opportunities which benefit the individual and the University. We want to attract the best people with the right transferable skills and welcome applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds. More information about equality, diversity and inclusion at the University can be found here.
What We Offer:
● 41 days annual leave (including closure days and Bank Holidays), with the possibility to purchase up to ten additional days.
● Up to 5 days of paid time off to cover emergency caring responsibilities.
● A commitment to work life balance including, flexible working opportunities and hybrid working where possible.
● A highly competitive pension scheme.
● Discounts at participating shops and cinemas, and a cycle to work scheme.
● A commitment to your development, with programmes, learning modules and mentoring schemes.
● An inclusive and diverse workplace.
● A commitment to your wellbeing, with confidential emotional support, support for those going through the menopause, experiencing fertility treatment and having a baby, paid leave for IVF treatment and more.
Further information can be found at https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/jobs/benefits
Apply now by clicking on the Apply button located near the top left of your screen.