REQ ID: 102712
JOB TITLE: Model Based System Engineer
We're re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
Would you like to work Jaguar Land Rover systems and features from Body like: Climate, Seating, Access and autonomous interior? This position is for you. This role is responsible for modelling the functional behaviours of Body systems as part of the systems design processes. The overall purpose of the role is to provide the system teams with robust data to confirm the robustness and performance of the systems design.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Contribute to delivering end-to-end feature and system-level documentation for Body and Chassis features.
- Deliver work for the following milestones: System Concept, System Design, and System Architecture.
- Author feature and system-level requirements to satisfy the different customer Use cases for your feature.
- Cascade requirements to the sub-system engineer and make sure of the full traceability.
- Work on logical architecture diagrams LAD and contribute to ensuring their reusability and their compatibility with MBSE guidelines.
- Contribute to the delivery of electrical architectures and any other modular architectures within JLR.
- Operate according to the Agile process to deliver system engineering documentation for Body & Chassis Features.
- Create Functional Safety /Functional Failure analysis documentation and Cyber security assessment.
- Collaborate with Product owners, system architects, and other squad members to ensure the respect of QBR plans (Quarter planning).
- Trace activities in Jira and contribute to the different Agile ceremonies as a squad member.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Relevant experience working in a Systems Engineering environment - ideally within the Automotive or other technical industry.
- Strong experience using Matlab/Simulink or any other modelling tool for Model-Based System engineering (MBSE)
- Experience in Requirements Management (RM), authoring and cascade.
- Experience in IBM Rational Doors/TRM or any requirement authoring tool.
- Good verbal and written communications, especially in English.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in agile processes
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience
SO WHY US?
- Join us for the next level of your career and help developing solutions that shape the future of cars
- Be part of an international, inclusive and open-minded team where you have actual influence on the processes
- See the product you're working on come to life from testing all the way to production
- Work flexibly with high percentage of home office or from our award-winning office
- We honor your work with a competitive salary and performance related bonus scheme
- Benefit from our health and life insurance and cafeteria package
- Embrace our culture through various company programs such as charity events or our regular board game club
JLR is committed to equal opportunity for all.