Are you an experienced learning technologist who enjoys working collaboratively? If so, we would be very keen to have you join the Department of Politics & International Relation’s Professional Services team.
We are looking for an experienced professional who is proactive and keen to develop new ideas and approaches, working collaboratively with colleagues and students. Working closely with the Departmental Manager and Director of Education in this pivotal and varied role you will mainly focus on providing support and direction across a wide range of learning technologies.
Our professional services team plays a vital role in the success of our Department, and benefits from a strong partnership and collegial working with our academic staff. Professional services staff deliver effective support for the full range of core departmental functions, including learning and teaching, research, recruitment and marketing, finance and learning technology. The Professional services team works in a friendly, dynamic and mutually supportive environment.
For this role, you will:
• Have a good honours degree (or equivalent experience)
• Proven experience in the use, support and development of virtual learning environments.
• Have experience and knowledge of a wide range of learning technologies and a desire and willingness to explore new opportunities.
• Possess excellent communication skills with the ability to explain approaches clearly to different audiences.
• Be self-motivated and proactive with the ability to work in a team or under your own initiative.
• Be an excellent problem solver with a willingness to network and engage with others.
We build teams of people from different heritages and lifestyles from across the world, whose talent and contributions complement each other to greatest effect. We believe diversity in all its forms delivers greater impact through research, teaching and student experience.
What We Offer
● 41 days annual leave (including closure days and Bank Holidays), with the possibility to purchase up to ten additional days.
● Up to 5 days of paid time off to cover emergency caring responsibilities.
● A commitment to work life balance including, flexible working opportunities and hybrid working where possible
● A highly competitive pension scheme.
● Discounts at participating shops and cinemas, and a cycle to work scheme.
● A commitment to your development, with programmes, learning modules and mentoring schemes.
● An inclusive and diverse workplace.
● A commitment to your wellbeing, with confidential emotional support, support for those going through the menopause, experiencing fertility treatment and having a baby, paid leave for IVF treatment and more.
Further information can be found at https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/jobs/benefits
Apply now by clicking on the Apply button located near the top of your screen.