HR Assistant (part-time, fixed-term)
Are you looking to gain valuable experience working within a diverse and experienced HR function in a large and dynamic organisation? If so, we have an exciting opportunity to join us as HR Assistant.
You may be looking to embark on a career in HR or to further your knowledge and experience but you will play a key role in providing an efficient, effective, and knowledgeable HR service to managers and staff on a wide range of HR matters including, but not limited to, recruitment, onboarding, employee relations, benefits administration, and payroll. By working across different areas and with our highly creative team of HR professionals, you will expand and develop your knowledge of HR, for example in relation to employment law, visas and immigration, policies and procedures, and by supporting casework. As a champion for continuous improvement, you will help us to enhance our excellent reputation for supporting colleagues throughout their career at the University.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to customer service. The ability to work as part of a team and build relationships with associated functions/departments is essential. In addition, you will have the ability to manage and prioritise your own workload effectively, have a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, and experience of handling confidential information appropriately.
What We Offer:
● 38 days annual leave (including closure days and Bank Holidays), with the possibility to purchase up to ten additional days.
● Up to 5 days of paid time off to cover emergency caring responsibilities.
● A commitment to work life balance including, flexible working opportunities and hybrid working where possible.
● A highly competitive pension scheme.
● Discounts at participating shops and cinemas, and a cycle to work scheme.
● A commitment to your development, with programmes, learning modules and mentoring schemes.
● An inclusive and diverse workplace.
● A commitment to your wellbeing, with confidential emotional support, support for those going through the menopause, experiencing fertility treatment and having a baby, paid leave for IVF treatment and more.
Further information can be found at https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/jobs/benefits
We build teams of people from different heritages and lifestyles from across the world, whose talent and contributions complement each other to greatest effect. We believe diversity in all its forms delivers greater impact through research, teaching and student experience.
Apply now by clicking on the Apply button located near the top of your screen.