Government and Regional Engagement Manager
The Nuclear AMRC is looking for an experienced individual who can join us as Government and Regional Engagement Manager, driving development of our relationships with local, regional and national stakeholders. You will be supporting economic development and creating a positive environment for the growth of the nuclear industry across the UK.
This is an exciting opportunity to work at the interface between government, industry and the research base driving delivery of clean, secure, affordable energy for the UK. You will use your talent for developing a compelling economic narrative to engage policy-makers and politicians at all levels to build the case for investment in a critical sector for delivery of net zero and energy security in the UK. You will build positive relationships with key stakeholders inside and outside the organisation.
This is a function we are keen to develop further, increasing the impact of the Nuclear AMRC. You will be a key member of a small team supporting the CEO and leadership team so experience of supporting senior leaders would be valuable. We are actively searching for candidates who possess:
• A strong understanding of local and regional government.
• Knowledge of the relevant systems, policies and legislation underpinning measures to support economic development.
• Ability to develop policy proposals to support work at a national level.
• An ability to work across a wide range of relationships and communicate complex issues clearly and concisely.
About Nuclear AMRC
We play a central role in the sector and are part of the High Value Manufacturing Catapult, supporting manufacturing innovation, supply chain development and skills. We work in a highly networked environment offering excellent visibility across the nuclear sector and the wider R&D landscape and an opportunity to build your personal network.
What We Offer
• 41 days annual leave (including closure days and Bank Holidays), with the possibility to purchase up to ten additional days.
• Up to 5 days of paid time off to cover emergency caring responsibilities.
• A commitment to work life balance including, flexible working opportunities and hybrid working where possible.
• A highly competitive pension scheme.
• A commitment to your development, with programmes, learning modules and mentoring schemes.
• An inclusive and diverse workplace.
• A commitment to your wellbeing, with confidential emotional support, support for those going through the menopause, experiencing fertility treatment and having a baby, paid leave for IVF treatment and more.
Further information can be found at https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/jobs/benefits
We build teams of people from different heritages and lifestyles from across the world, whose talent and contributions complement each other to greatest effect. We believe diversity in all its forms delivers greater impact through research, teaching and student experience.
Apply now by clicking on the Apply button located near the top of your screen.