Do you have a passion for creating and delivering events that make a real impact? Would you like to use your creativity and excellent communication skills to engage audiences and help support transformational projects? Then this could be the perfect role for you!
The Campaigns and Alumni Relations (CAR) department connects and engages with alumni (former students) and supporters, keeping them informed about University activities through a targeted programme of communications, events and fundraising activities in the UK and overseas. In this new position, you will play a pivotal role, leading our events programme to engage these groups in the University’s first major philanthropic fundraising and engagement campaign and sustain future engagement.
As Events Manager you will scope, plan, and deliver a suite of impactful, high-quality events, aligned to CAR’s strategic communications and events plan. Building on the University’s reputation for excellence, you’ll motivate Events colleagues to deliver inspiring events to interest, engage and connect with key audiences in the UK and internationally. With strong communication and relationship building skills, you’ll effectively manage the relationship with key stakeholders to ensure an excellent experience for everyone involved in our events.
With a flexible, proactive approach to work and exceptional organisational skills, you will work collaboratively with colleagues across CAR and the University to ensure smooth delivery of our events to meet key objectives. You’ll need to use your analytical skills to manage metrics and reporting processes to demonstrate returns on investment and recommend improvements as appropriate.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
We are committed to enabling our employees to work in a hybrid model with flexibility over when, where and how to achieve the required outputs, in discussion with your manager.
We are also committed to exploring flexible working opportunities which benefit the individual and the University. We want to attract the best people with the right transferable skills and welcome applications from
candidates from diverse backgrounds. More information about equality, diversity and inclusion at
the University can be found here.
What We Offer:
● 41 days annual leave (including closure days and Bank Holidays), with the possibility to purchase up to ten additional days.
● Up to 5 days of paid time off to cover emergency caring responsibilities.
● A commitment to work life balance including, flexible working opportunities and hybrid working where possible.
● A highly competitive pension scheme.
● Discounts at participating shops and cinemas, and a cycle to work scheme.
● A commitment to your development, with programmes, learning modules and mentoring schemes.
● An inclusive and diverse workplace.
● A commitment to your wellbeing, with confidential emotional support, support for those going through the menopause, experiencing fertility treatment and having a baby, paid leave for IVF treatment and more.
Further information can be found at https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/jobs/benefits
Apply now by clicking on the Apply button located near the top left of your screen.