REQ ID: 119842
JOB TITLE: eMachine Engineer
POSTING END DATE: 31/12/2023
We're re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The eMachine Design Engineer is responsible for providing guidance and expertise on the design and analysis of eMachine assemblies, ensuring all functional targets are met for serial production. You'll liaise you're your counterparts, covering Electromagnetics, Mechanical, 1D Thermal and Design for Manufacture, as well as liaising with the EDU system teams to develop, build and execute CAE models of the eMachine, development of 2D manufacturing drawings at a component and assembly level, resolving technical issues that arise during development, and ensuring all performance target attributes are met with an eMachine design that is fully compatible with high volume production processes.
You will have a direct role in the creation and application of appropriate Standards and Requirements and will play a key role in overseeing Requirement sign-off activities for relevant aspects of the eMachine rotor and stator assemblies.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Oversee and coordinate activities related to the development and execution of CAE models in one of the following disciplines: eMachine 1D thermal, eMachine Electromagnetics, eMachine Mechanical.
- Perform correlation studies between predicted and measured eMachine performance attributes and support the development of test procedures and internal Standards relating to eMachine assemblies and subcomponents.
- Support Validation Engineers in the functional and durability testing pertaining to eMachines.
- Support the continual development of tools and techniques which enhance capability, improve quality and robustness of eMachine CAE models.
- Support and present at design reviews with key stakeholders: COC component design teams, system design teams.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Previous experience of eMachine development at a component or system level using CAE to meet defined performance targets.
- Previous experience and background in solving complex technical ideas and challenges.
- Experience of delivering engineering or analytical projects and proposing product modifications to improve design.
- Project and people management skills.
- Knowledge and experience of at least one of the following technical disciplines relating to eMachines: 1D thermal, Electromagnetic, Mechanical CAE, Design for Manufacture.
- Hold a formal qualification such as Degree within Engineering or any other relevant subjects.
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you'll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes JLR the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At JLR, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
JLR is committed to equal opportunity for all.