REQ ID: 119782
JOB TITLE: eMachine Delivery Engineer
POSTING END DATE: 31/12/2023
We're re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The eMachine Delivery Engineer role is within the Electric Machine delivery team, as part of the overall Powertrain Electrified Engineering Group. As electric machine delivery team we are:
- Responsible for the industrialisation of electric machine components. This involves working with the electric machine component manufacturing suppliers across the globe to deliver components to meet quality, time, cost, weight, timing and functional targets.
- Responsible for leading and supporting our various electric machine prototype phases by proactively resolving any prototype build issues.
- Responsible for design for manufacturing (DFM) by overseeing the integration of Electric Machine rotor/stator assemblies and associated components within the EDU and ensuring that the manufacturing processes of all eMachine components and assemblies align to the Bill of Process and standards set down by Manufacturing and Company Quality
- Responsible for creating new and maintaining existing electric machine design standards and ensuring design and delivery of components meet these standards to ensure robust quality.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Own the design and release of one or multiple electric machine components across various electric machine programmes.
- Ensure robust timing plans are in place that achieves Program milestones and targets (Quality, Cost, Functionality, Weight, and Timing).
- Develop a product design specification and statement of requirements to support component supplier sourcing for industrialisation.
- Lead suppliers through requirement, design, prototyping, product validation, process validation and launch phases using Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) framework.
- Lead the development of DFMEA, Design Rules, Requirement Management and Design Verification.
- Lead component change management processes to ensure that all changes are implemented robustly.
- Drive the resolution of cross functional technical / manufacturing issues using a Global 8D process.
- Support various prototype builds, sourcing of prototype parts and development of electric machine manufacturing processes.
- Support and lead electric machine component and system level testing.
- Ensure all appropriate JLR standards are met through-out design maturation and assist in developing specific or new standards.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Experience in the field of electric machine component design or manufacturing or testing.
- Proven technical knowledge of Electric Machine component delivery or design.
- Knowledge of Electric Machine and electric powertrain systems.
- Experience of typical manufacturing solutions such as extrusions, stamping, mouldings, pressings and implications of manufacturing process on mechanical design.
- Experience of defining and/or using appropriate analysis tools to optimise and verify mechanical and structural properties such that you can define the required analysis.
- Experience of delivering projects in an automotive or manufacturing environment.
- Experience to project manage designs to production and several parts across multiple vehicle programmes.
- Experience of change management and a working knowledge of problem resolution techniques e.g., 8D.
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you'll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes JLR the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At JLR, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
JLR is committed to equal opportunity for all.