REQ ID: 115235
JOB TITLE: EDU (Electric Drive Unit) Product Owner
SALARY: £45,000 - £60,000
POSTING END DATE:13/11/2023
LOCATION: Whitley, Coventry
We're re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
- We are looking for an Agile Product Owner with Electric Drive Unit (EDU) system experience to lead the definition, development and delivery of harmonised system solutions for our in house manufactured Electric Drive Units.
- As Product Owner, you will define the work required to deliver the project capabilities and feature increments working closely with the Lead EDU engineers to ensure the EDU sub-components of the Electric Machine - Inverter - Gearbox and relevant Cooling systems to ensure that the EDU system works as intended.
- You will be responsible for running the Agile processes and ensuring there is the right increment in the product to deliver the overall project targets.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We are on our way to being the UK's largest manufacturer for EDU in the near future. You will be part of the story and will be responsible for a squad or squads of EDU engineers . All our EDU's are designed inhouse.
- Assist and contribute to the generation of targets and verification methods that are driven by Customer, Function Requirements, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
- Contribute to the delivery of the area onto all programmes, in line with the Systems Engineering discipline outlined by Product Creation Systems
- Provide technical support and assistance across the operational team on topics relating to the integration and harmonisation of multiple interconnected components including issue resolution and objective data analysis
- Work with Technical Specialists and Advanced Engineering on Attribute and Function Forward Strategies, including new Function Definition and Failure Mode Avoidance
- Delivery of EDU attributes within the eDriveline department across the range of JLR vehicles
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Have EDU experience and have delivered an EDU to production
- We will want you to have worked within Agile (Scrum) and knows the responsibility of a PO
- Understands the trade-off between each EDU elements and how to extract the best possible system
- Ownership, definition, maintenance, and prioritisation of the product backlog to meet business needs
- Good relevant experience of working in a Systems Engineering environment - ideally within the Automotive Sector
- Good relevant knowledge of eMachine/inverters/Electric Drive unit system
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Track record as an effective team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Relevant experience in system definition, system architecture development, requirements specification, design/performance modelling, systems integration, system assessment and acceptance
- Experience in product ownership and project delivery through development squads
- Experience working in a product owner role alongside software and hardware development teams
- Successfully applied Agile for product ownership
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you'll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes JLR the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At JLR, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
JLR is committed to equal opportunity for all.