Community Engagement Assistant
Do you have a natural flair for engaging people, combined with excellent administrative skills and an eye for detail? If so, this could be the perfect job for you!
The Campaigns and Alumni Relations (CAR) department sustains and grows the relationship between the University and our global community of alumni (former students), donors and friends. Through the work of the Alumni Relations team, we build lifelong relationships with our 300,000 alumni and supporters through a range of impactful communications, events, and volunteering opportunities.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic team player to join our dynamic and friendly Volunteering Team. In this important and varied role, you will provide essential administrative and project support for our flagship Alumni Volunteer Programme. You’ll help with the recruitment and engagement of alumni volunteers for events and activities that connect students with alumni for valuable career support and advice. Using the alumni database, email software, social media, and website, you will create engaging communications and provide administrative and logistics support for a range of in person and virtual events.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
• 38 days annual leave (including closure days and Bank Holidays), with the possibility to purchase up to ten additional days.
• Up to 5 days of paid time off to cover emergency caring responsibilities.
• A commitment to work life balance including, flexible working opportunities and hybrid working where possible.
• A highly competitive pension scheme.
• Discounts at participating shops and cinemas, and a cycle to work scheme.
• A commitment to your development, with programmes, learning modules and mentoring schemes.
• An inclusive and diverse workplace.
• A commitment to your wellbeing, with confidential emotional support, support for those going through the menopause, experiencing fertility treatment and having a baby, paid leave for IVF treatment and more.
Further information can be found at https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/jobs/benefits.
We are committed to enabling our employees to work in a hybrid model with flexibility over when, where and how to achieve the required outputs, in discussion with your manager.
We build teams of people from different heritages and lifestyles from across the world, whose talent and contributions complement each other to greatest effect. We believe diversity in all its forms delivers greater impact through research, teaching and student experience. More information about equality, diversity and inclusion at the University can be found here.
Apply now by clicking on the Apply button located near the top of your screen.