Do you have the creativity and passion to write engaging, persuasive and impactful communications? Are you an expert in persuading different audiences to help make a difference? Then this could be the role for you!
The Campaigns and Alumni Relations (CAR) department connects and engages with alumni (former students) and supporters, keeping them informed about the University through a targeted programme of communications, events and fundraising activities in the UK and overseas. We have a fantastic opportunity for you to use your exceptional copywriting skills to shape communications for the University’s first major philanthropic fundraising and engagement campaign.
You can write compelling copy and you know how to tailor messaging for a variety of audiences. You have an eye for detail and your proofreading skills are second-to-none. You enjoy thinking of new ways to do things, but you’ll always back up your ideas using strong analytical skills to inform future output.
We need someone who can work on their own initiative, confidently managing projects and delivering them on time and within budget. Equally, you’re a team player who can take direction. You’ll need to be adept at making connections with colleagues at all levels, working across team boundaries. Whilst with strong organisational skills you enjoy working to tight deadlines and balancing a range of different projects.
You will be part of the Alumni Relations team in CAR, working with creative and innovative colleagues who are committed to producing targeted and effective communications to increase alumni and supporter engagement.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
We are committed to enabling our employees to work in a hybrid model with flexibility over when, where and how to achieve the required outputs, in discussion with your manager.
We are also committed to exploring flexible working opportunities which benefit the individual and the University. We want to attract the best people with the right transferable skills and welcome applications from
candidates from diverse backgrounds. More information about equality, diversity and inclusion at
the University can be found here.
What We Offer:
● 38 days annual leave (including closure days and Bank Holidays), with the possibility to purchase up to ten additional days.
● Up to 5 days of paid time off to cover emergency caring responsibilities.
● A commitment to work life balance including, flexible working opportunities and hybrid working where possible.
● A highly competitive pension scheme.
● Discounts at participating shops and cinemas, and a cycle to work scheme.
● A commitment to your development, with programmes, learning modules and mentoring schemes.
● An inclusive and diverse workplace.
● A commitment to your wellbeing, with confidential emotional support, support for those going through the menopause, experiencing fertility treatment and having a baby, paid leave for IVF treatment and more.
Further information can be found at https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/jobs/benefits
Apply now by clicking on the Apply button located near the top left of your screen.