REQ ID: 119510
JOB TITLE: Commercial Supplier Development Specialist
We're re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
The Global Production Purchasing team has recently launched its new Service Delivery Model, creating Buying roles that focus on Strategy and sourcing execution as well as Delivery focussed roles that lead the industrialisation, launch and ongoing performance excellence of our supply chains.
Production Purchasing's new organisational structure presents an opportunity for its Regional Purchasing Teams to collaborate with their Supplier Technical Assistance (STA) counterparts through the industrialisation and launch phases of programme development. During these phases, Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) activities align the required capacity, quality and cost of our parts and assemblies ahead of series production.
Working closely with Buyers, Supplier Technical Assistance and Cost Engineering, you will lead workshops to establish the suppliers' cost baseline and deliver savings based on operational opportunities identified on the shop floor as part of the APQP and PPAP activity.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Collaboration with suppliers in the creation of robust continuous improvement plans concepts for current products and processes
- Working with cross functional stakeholders, external experts and Buyers to identify the key commercial elements of JLR QAFs and Contracts that need to be aligned.
- Continually challenge supplier performance for facilities, manufacturing systems and production processes which supply parts into our vehicle plants
- Develop productive relationships with internal stakeholder & supplier's representatives to ensure all supplier facility, manufacturing systems and production processes are efficient and commercially aligned
- Lead on commercial alignment activities and Kaizen workshops to map current state costs and identify improvement opportunities - supporting the Regional Supply Chain Teams to embed the change
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement and lean thinking within JLR and its major suppliers - train and support all levels in Kaizen activities and lean thinking.
- Support the development of the processes and toolkit required to measure and align these commercial elements
- Advising and supporting the training delivery team in the development and delivery of interactive training for the whole Regional Supply Chain Teams globally.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Previous experience in a manufacturing or engineering gained at engineer or management level
- Extensive knowledge and practical deployment of lean tools and demonstrated experience in process/value stream mapping
- Change leadership/management skills with the ability to challenge and drive world class operational excellence
- Broad experience of managing external stakeholders and supplier relationship management
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to converse at all levels of the organisation and with external suppliers/customers
- Practical background in the implementation of best practice factory operating systems (People, Production, Quality, Planning & Logistics)
- An understanding and passion for lean principles and Kaizen
- Willingness to travel
- Degree qualification in Industrial Engineering or similar
- An understanding of key automotive tools and techniques to include APQP, PPAP, 8D, Practical Problem Solving, Lean Manufacturing principles and Six Sigma
SO WHY US?
- Join us for the next level of your career and help developing solutions that shape the future of cars
- Be part of an international, inclusive and open-minded team where you have actual influence on the processes
- See the product you're working on come to life from testing all the way to production
- Work flexibly with high percentage of home office or from our award-winning office
- We honor your work with a competitive salary and performance related bonus scheme
- Benefit from our health and life insurance and cafeteria package
- Embrace our culture through various company programs such as charity events or our regular board game club
JLR is committed to equal opportunity for all.