Chair in Composites
We are seeking to appoint a chair of international renown to provide academic leadership in Composites Manufacturing, who has a clear vision for their research and has established a strong international reputation in their field.
You will establish a world-leading research programme in Composites Manufacturing and contribute to the leadership and strategic direction of your research theme, sharing in our ambitious vision and commitment to a culture of collegiality and mutual support.
We are particularly interested in researchers active in the processing of advanced composite materials, including modelling and simulation of automated manufacturing processes and flow phenomena, materials characterisation, process development, in-process control and monitoring techniques, offline characterisation, destructive and non-destructive testing.
Our staff are leaders in their field and outstanding contributors to the development of new knowledge, linking their research to the teaching of the engineers of the future and developing the skills of existing engineers.
What We Offer:
● 41 days annual leave (including closure days and Bank Holidays), with the possibility to purchase up to ten additional days.
● Up to 5 days of paid time off to cover emergency caring responsibilities.
● A commitment to work life balance including, flexible working opportunities and hybrid working where possible.
● A highly competitive pension scheme.
● Discounts at participating shops and cinemas, and a cycle to work scheme.
● A commitment to your development, with programmes, learning modules and mentoring schemes.
● An inclusive and diverse workplace.
● A commitment to your wellbeing, with confidential emotional support, support for those going through the menopause, experiencing fertility treatment and having a baby, paid leave for IVF treatment and more.
Further information can be found at https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/jobs/benefits
We are committed to exploring flexible working opportunities which benefit the individual and University.
We build teams of people from different heritages and lifestyles from across the world, whose talent and contributions complement each other to greatest effect. We believe diversity in all its forms delivers greater impact through research, teaching and student experience.
Apply now by clicking on the Apply button located near the top of your screen.