REQ ID: 116554
JOB TITLE: Battery Cell Commodity Delivery Specialist
SALARY: £35,000 - £45,000 + Additions & Benefits
POSTING END DATE: 30/11/2023
LOCATION: Gaydon, Warwick, UK
We're re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We are actively in pursuit of an accomplished Battery Cell Specialist, poised to play a pivotal role in advancing our Commodity Delivery realm.
This individual will be instrumental in supporting the development & delivery of the next-generation batteries for EV application.
Your mission? To work as part of the Cell Team in Powertrain Engineering. This is a diverse team with a range of backgrounds including Chemistry, Engineering & Computational Modelling. The team works on all levels of cell maturity including concept, programme delivery, validation & quality.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Work on the next generation HV batteries by working with the leading cell suppliers
- Use your cell expertise to help drive business decisions
- Support PCDS (Product Creation & Development System) projects to support commodity delivery
- Create & release engineering based evidence reports demonstrating compliance to Legal Regulations & attribute requirements
- Support troubleshooting, including 8Ds and Failure Mode analysis
- Manage a complex variety of change requests across multiple programmes, prioritising work appropriately within the wider business context.
- Support research projects leveraging the High Value Manufacturing' Catapult collaboration with academia and Subject Matter Experts
- File patent applications in order to protect new and innovative ideas
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Fundamental understanding of Lithium-ion cell working principles
- Strong IT skills with relevant experience of using a variety of virtual engineering tools, with exposure to 3D design software such as CATIA
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex topics to a range of audiences
- Works well in a diverse team
- Possesses drive to learn and develop
- Experience of planning, co-ordination, delivery and reporting of requirements
- Electrochemistry or engineering background at degree level or higher
- Experience of cell/module/pack design & testing
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you'll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes JLR the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At JLR, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
JLR is committed to equal opportunity for all.