Assistant Finance Business Partner
We have an exciting 12-month fixed term contract opportunity for an Assistant Finance Business Partner to join or team at the Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre.
As the Assistant Finance Business Partner, it is essential that you have excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to build strong working relationships. You will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to manipulate and interpret financial data and be able to effectively communicate financial information to diverse audiences.
Your primary focus will be to support the financial management of Nuclear AMRC research projects from project setup, claims, audit, and closure. You will provide sound financial support to technology groups, helping them ensure that their external research funding achieves the research objectives specified by the sponsor’s terms and conditions. You will also contribute towards the month end activities performed at the Nuclear AMRC.
What We Offer
● 38 days annual leave (including closure days and Bank Holidays), with the possibility to purchase up to ten additional days.
● Up to 5 days of paid time off to cover emergency caring responsibilities.
● A commitment to work life balance including, flexible working opportunities and hybrid working where possible.
● A highly competitive pension scheme.
● Discounts at participating shops and cinemas, and a cycle to work scheme.
● A commitment to your development, with programmes, learning modules and mentoring schemes.
● An inclusive and diverse workplace.
● A commitment to your wellbeing, with confidential emotional support, support for those going through the menopause, experiencing fertility treatment and having a baby, paid leave for IVF treatment and more.
Further information can be found at https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/jobs/benefits
You will be working as part of the Finance team. Our team develops and implements dynamic and future focused financial strategies to support the University’s aims, whilst maintaining sound financial oversight and administration in managing the University’s financial affairs. In helping to manage these resources and in continuing to invest in people and facilities we believe that we can create the right environment whereby the University can continue to flourish.
We are committed to exploring flexible working opportunities which benefit the individual and University.
We build teams of people from different heritages and lifestyles from across the world, whose talent and contributions complement each other to greatest effect. We believe diversity in all its forms delivers greater impact through research, teaching and student experience.
Apply now by clicking on the Apply button located near the top of your screen.