Admissions and Learning and Teaching Administrative Assistant
The Department of Sociological Studies has a major international reputation for excellence in research and teaching across Sociology, Social Policy, Social Work and Digital Media, achieving high levels of cross-fertilisation between these disciplines. It is committed to understanding society and social change, and to research and teaching that improves people's lives, especially those of the most vulnerable. We are proud to be one of the top social science research departments in the UK, with an international reputation for excellence in research and teaching across Sociology, Social Policy, Social Work and is developing a similar reputation in the field of Digital Society.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone with strong administrative skills to join our professional services team. This role will provide vital support in both admissions activity and learning and teaching support.
The successful candidate will have 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above, excellent communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to work independently and as part of a team. You should be familiar with the use of Microsoft Office applications, especially Word and Excel.
This full-time post is open ended and available immediately.
What We Offer
● 38 days annual leave (including closure days and Bank Holidays), with the possibility to purchase up to ten additional days.
● Up to 5 days of paid time off to cover emergency caring responsibilities.
● A commitment to work life balance including, flexible working opportunities and hybrid working where possible.
● A highly competitive pension scheme.
● Discounts at participating shops and cinemas, and a cycle to work scheme.
● A commitment to your development, with programmes, learning modules and mentoring schemes.
● An inclusive and diverse workplace.
● A commitment to your wellbeing, with confidential emotional support, support for those going through the menopause, experiencing fertility treatment and having a baby, paid leave for IVF treatment and more.
Further information can be found at https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/jobs/benefits
We are committed to exploring flexible working opportunities which benefit the individual and University.
We build teams of people from different heritages and lifestyles from across the world, whose talent and contributions complement each other to greatest effect. We believe diversity in all its forms delivers greater impact through research, teaching and student experience.
Apply now by clicking on the Apply button located near the top of your screen.